PSD Community Joins 2nd Metro-wide Shakedrill
The PSD community actively joined the simultaneous metro-wide shake drill led by the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on June 22, 2016.
The drill started with the turning on of the siren to alert teachers and hard-of-hearing students as well as the signal lights donated by TV5 wherein 2 are installed at the second floor of the main building, 2 at the HSBC building, and 1 at the Girl’s vocational building.
The “drop-cover-hold” rule was successfully demonstrated by the school population before heading out to the designated areas in the school grounds.
Before this event, the PSD-Risk Reduction Management Center (PSD-RRMC), with its Incident Command Chief and incumbent OIC, Ms. Ma. Jessica S. Magayanes, and chairman, Mr. Ladislao Vinluan, already conducts similar drills to promote awareness and preparedness among teachers, students, and parents in facing disasters and natural calamities.
The drill aims at preparing everyone for the so called “The Big One” or a 7.2 magnitude earthquake to avoid serious injuries and fatalities.
Collado gets scholarship from YES
Vincent James Collado, Grade 10, was able to avail a one-year scholarship from the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study program (YES).
Collado, a consistent honor student, will be staying in Oregon, USA from August 2015 to July 2016 to participate in the said program which aims to provide, among the participants, special enrichment activities including community service and youth leadership training.
News and Events
- Supreme Pupils Government (SPG)PSDian’s showed off the Different National Heroes The […]
- Science and Mathematics Celebration 2016Science and Mathematics Celebration 2016 with the […]
- PSD Community Joins 2nd Metro-wide ShakedrillThe PSD community actively joined the simultaneous […]
- Collado Gets ScholarshipVincent James Collado, Grade 10, was able to avail a […]
- Hello world!Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or […]
|September 23||BSP/GSP Investiture Ceremonies|
|September 30||PSD Instramurals|
|October 24-28||INSET for Teachers/Semestral Break|
|November 1||All Saints Day|
|November 2||Classes Resume|